Selected Past Presentations
- Legal Answers for Bloggers, Question and Answer session for Bloggers at ALT Design Summit SLC, 25 January 2013, 9 am-1 pm.
- Copyrights and Trademarks, Education Week, Brigham Young University, August 16, 2012, 1:50-2:50 pm, 214 Crabtree Bldg.
- Protecting your clients’ IP when they export: Six Tools to Know, one-hour presentation at the Annual Summer Convention of the Utah Bar, July 20, 2012, 10:15 am, in Sun Valley, Idaho.
- Publishing, a free three-hour seminar for fiction and non-fiction writers, 14 April 2012, at the Utah Museum of Contemporary Art (UMOCA, located at 20 South West Temple, Salt Lake City, UT 84101 (ph: 801.328.4201). Presented by Utah Lawyers for the Arts. To RSVP, visit www.utahlawyersforthearts.com.
- Legal Issues for Bloggers, roundtable presentation at ALT Design Summit, 20 January 2012.
- Benefits and Challenges of International Trademark Registrations, video training presented in New York, New York, available as an online CLE course at Lawline.com.
- Bloggers and the Federal Trade Commission, evo conference, June 2010, The Canyons Resort, Park City, Utah.
- US Federal Trademark Registration in 10 Steps
- Why Should I Get a Federal Trademark Registration?
- Do I Need a Lawyer to Register My US Federal Trademark?
- Deciding on a “Filing Basis” for a US Trademark Application
- Renewing a US Trademark Filed Under the Madrid Protocol
- How Should I Use Trademark Symbols on My Trademarks?
- What Is An International Registration for a Trademark?
- Preliminary and Comprehensive Trademark Availability Searches: What’s the Difference?
- Principal Register and Supplemental Register for U.S. Trademarks: What’s the Difference?
- Madrid Protocol Trademarks in the U.S.: When is Use of My Trademark Required?
- How do I renew my US trademark?
- What Are Trademark Classes?
- United States and Canadian Trademarks: Some Differences and Some Similarities
- How Much Does it Cost to Register a United States Trademark
- How and Why to Register Copyrights in Your Work
- How much does a U.S. copyright registration cost?
- Using a DMCA Takedown Notice for an Online Copyright Infringement
- What Are Moral Rights?
Design Patent Articles
Additional Legal Resources
Utah Tax Attorney, Paul Jones
Disability Attorneys Richard Quadrino and Evan Scwhartz